Pages

Happy New Year!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy new year to everyone! I love the start of a new year. It gives you a point at which you can try to improve upon any flaws. I am going to try to be more thoughtful, considerate, and procrastinate less. This means actually buying gifts for people that entail thought--no more gift cards!

It's also a great time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for. I had another year with my dad. He is continuing his battle with prostate cancer, and fortunately, he has not been sick or suffered much at all, other than being tired. My mom continues to persevere and take care of dad, and everything else, somehow. ThaKing's grandma continues to do well.

We lost Miss Ripley Kitty and Leo the Ferret this year, but gained Elka, the white German shepherd (more to come later), just before Christmas. ThaKing and I will eat hoppin' john tomorrow to get our fill of black eyed peas for luck in 2009.

No comments: