Pages

New Shoes (but not in the rain)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I've been hitting the treadmill pretty hard for me as of late.  This is mainly due to the 7lbs (+/-)  I gained since vacation in August.  I use that reference since after vacation, I may have went to the gym, which is only 3 minutes from my house, 3 times!  When I finally returned to the gym, along with the hoards of humanity on January 1st, I find the best personal trainer I have ever had has left!  Buh bye, barbell barbie :(  She was the fourth trainer I have worked with so you think I could, I don't know, work out on my own by now, but I'm not really a self motivator.  Oh using 12lb weights are just fine, forever!  There's no need to increase!


Anyway, back to the treadmill....I have probably ran about 17 miles in the last 2 weeks.  One of my little toes began to hurt and later turned blue!  I contacted the organizer of the running group I joined on facebook, (but have yet to actually run with) which is affiliated with the local running store, Johns Run/Walk.  Shocker! He said I probably need new running shoes!  ThaKing made fun of me when I immediately ran out and bought those new Nikes!  He will rue making fun of me when I leave him in my dust in this year's Shamrock Shuffle!  That's right... rue! 

2 comments:

valerie said...

You crack me up Brandi. I wish I could say it was 7lbs. For me it's more like 10lbs. since summer!
I am thinking Feb 1st is a good day to start since Jan 1st didn't quite work out.....

Rick Smith said...

Whaddya bet ThaKing's shoes fit improperly also?