Pages

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love March! St. Patrick's Day, March Madness, and spring begins to show her face. Also, you know Keeneland is just around the corner. We received our tickets for Bluegrass Stakes Day! Can't wait!

Anyway, thaKing and I ran in the Shamrock Shuffle on Saturday to benefit the Pat Smith Habitat for Humanity Endowment Fund. It was about 42 degrees and raining. We arrived just in time to get our race packet and head to the starting line. If I had more time to think about running 1.8 miles in the cold and rain, I probably would have taken my race shirt and headed to Starbucks to watch the other racers while I sipped my Grande and ate a lowfat blueberry muffin. But no, I ran (forgetting to activate my Nike+!). I beat last years time, and most imporatntly, beat thaKing! I was 5th in my age group which is something I'm quite proud of considering I've only been running about 2 miles every week.

No comments: